Mitigate the Contamination Risk in Freeze-Drying.
The Lyoprotect® Threaded Cup for freeze-drying of small volumes designed for freeze-drying in the pharmaceutical production of APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients). It is available in stainless steel or in aluminum (non-sensitive to shock and scratch-ing, anodized surface). Both versions allow multiple use after cleaning.
All components can also be individually sterilized in an autoclave.
With Teclen® Lyoprotect®, APIs can be produced aseptically.
Lyoprotect® Threaded Cup for freeze-drying
In combination with the membrane, the cup for freeze-drying protects the pharmaceutical product, e. g. an API, as well as the working environment and staff against contamination.
The membrane is designed for single use and can be easily replaced before every new drying cycle. The material is expanded PTFE on polypropylene non-woven backing material. The membrane is facing the pharmaceutical product.
The silicone o-ring ensures reliable sealing throughout the entire process. Also available FEP sheathed.
During sublimation, the vapor can escape smoothly via the hydrophobic membrane. Freeze-drying process parameters determined with an open container can be transferred and lead to the same drying results. The same filling level has to be applied.
The cup is available in three versions:
- Aluminum AlMg 4.5 Mn; universal alloy for engineering and construction, anodized surface, roughness Ra ≤ 0.8 μm
- Stainless steel 1.4404 (316L), surface machined to a fine finish, roughness Ra ≤ 0.6 μm
- Stainless steel 1.4404 (316L) with inspection cer-tificate 3.1, consecutive serial number, polished surface, roughness Ra ≤ 0.4 μm
- Zero flyout (no product loss).
- Significant reduction of dust exposure compared to open containers.
- Your freeze-dryer machine does not need cleaning or cleaning validation.
- OEL – Occupational Exposure Limit can be controlled cost-efficiently.
- Combination of a multiple-use cup with a single-use membrane significantly reduces plastic waste.
- Scale-up and scale-down with threaded cups and larger trays is easily possible (from pilot to production).
|Teclen® Lyoprotect® LPMU-VXS-B||Aluminum AlMg 4.5 Mn, Ra ≤ 0,8 µm||Outer diameter 52 mm (screw-on ring cover 58 mm) x 34 mm||10–50 ml|
|Teclen® Lyoprotect® LPMU-VXS-BS||Stainless Steel ANSI 316 L (1.4404), Ra ≤ 0,6 µm||Outer diameter 52 mm (screw-on ring cover 58 mm) x 34 mm||10–50 ml|
|Teclen® Lyoprotect® LPMU-VXS-BSmod||Stainless Steel ANSI 316 L (1.4404) with inspection certificate 3.1, consecutive serial number, polished surface, roughness Ra ≤ 0,4 µm||Outer diameter 52 mm (screw-on ring cover 58 mm) x 34 mm||10–50 ml|
|Teclen® Lyoprotect® LPMU-VS-BS||Edelstahl ANSI 316 L (1.4404) with inspection certificate 3.1, consecutive serial number, polished surface, roughness Ra ≤ 0,4 µm||Outer diameter 93 mm (screw-on ring cover 100 mm) x 34 mm||30–150 ml|
Product Claims of Teclen® Lyoprotect®
- Bacteria-proof container with vapor permeable membraneBacteria-proof container with vapor permeable membrane
- 100% visual inspection of membrane and components • Serial number and work’s test certificate 3.1 for stainless steel material
- Components comply with the regulations for materials and articles intended to come into contact with food according to (EC) No 1935/2004 and (EU) No 10/2011
- The Lyoprotect® Membrane does not contain any material of animal origin
Contact us for questions or your unbinding quote!