Mitigate the Contamination Risk in Freeze-Drying
Concept Cup for freeze-drying
The Lyoprotect® Threaded Cup for freeze-drying of small volumes designed for freeze-drying in the pharmaceutical production of APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients). It is available in stainless steel or in aluminum (non-sensitive to shock and scratch-ing, anodized surface). Both versions allow multiple use after cleaning.
All components can also be individually sterilized in an autoclave.
With Teclen® Lyoprotect®, APIs can be produced aseptically.
- Zero flyout (no product loss).
- Significant reduction of dust exposure compared to open containers.
- Your freeze-dryer machine does not need cleaning or cleaning validation.
- OEL – Occupational Exposure Limit can be controlled cost-efficiently.
- Combination of a multiple-use cup with a single-use membrane significantly reduces plastic waste.
- Scale-up and scale-down with threaded cups and larger trays is easily possible (from pilot to production).
In combination with the membrane, the cup for freeze-drying protects the pharmaceutical product, e. g. an API, as well as the working environment and staff against contamination.
The membrane is designed for single use and can be easily replaced before every new drying cycle. The material is expanded PTFE on polypropylene non-woven backing material. The membrane is facing the pharmaceutical product.
The silicone o-ring ensures reliable sealing throughout the entire process. Also available FEP sheathed.
During sublimation, the vapor can escape smoothly via the hydrophobic membrane. Freeze-drying process parameters determined with an open container can be transferred and lead to the same drying results. The same filling level has to be applied.
The cup is available in three versions:
- Aluminum AlMg 4.5 Mn; universal alloy for engineering and construction, anodized surface, roughness Ra ≤ 0.8 μm
- Stainless steel 1.4404 (316L), surface machined to a fine finish, roughness Ra ≤ 0.6 μm
- Stainless steel 1.4404 (316L) with inspection cer-tificate 3.1, consecutive serial number, polished surface, roughness Ra ≤ 0.4 μm
Product Claims of Teclen® Lyoprotect®
- Bacteria-proof container with vapor
- 100% visual inspection of membrane and components
- Components comply with the regulations for materials and articles intended to come into contact with food according to (EC) No 1935/2004 and (EU) No 10/2011
|Filling height [mm]||Volume [ml]|
Contact us for questions or your unbinding quote!